Last revised August 31, 2014. Effective September 15, 2014.
User Account, Password, and Security
To complete your registration, you will provide an email address and a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to log off when you finish using a shared computer.
You agree to (a) immediately notify T4E of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. T4E cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Overview of The Service
The Service was created to help our customers compensate their expenses by buying trees. One tree will compensate €100 of your expenses. In year 17 after your tree purchase, our partner Better Globe Forestry Ltd. (BGF), Kenya, will purchase the tree from you and pay you €100. In year 10 after your tree purchase, BGF will pay you your purchase price of the tree. That way, you will receive back money for both the tree purchase and the expenses you want to compensate. After BGF buys the tree from you in year 17, the tree will be fully and wholly BGF's property and you will no longer have any interest or ownership in the tree.
Accessing the Service
- Eligible Users. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to access or use the Service to purchase trees. You must be able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Other restrictions may apply.
- Mobile Services. The Service are also accessible via a mobile device, where you can purchase trees. To the extent you access our web site through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier's standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply.
- Not Available to Certain Users. The Order Pages may not be available in whole or in part in different countries and jurisdictions as determined by local laws and regulations.
You agree that T4E, in its sole discretion, may terminate this agreement including but not limited to termination of your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Site, and remove and discard any Content you may have contributed to the Site, at any time for any reason or no reason. T4E may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that T4E may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files of the Site. Further, you agree that T4E shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Site. Should you object to any terms and conditions of the Agreement or become dissatisfied with the Site in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue your use of the Site and/or terminate your account.
Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect the respective rights and obligations (including without limitation, payment obligations) of the parties arising before the date of termination.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because T4E has no control of such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that T4E is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources or the policies or such sites and resources. T4E is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You acknowledge and agree that you will not use any Information from the Site in a way that would be damaging to T4E's public reputation or that of its employees, board members, shareholders, agents, or solution partners. Additionally, you acknowledge that if you choose to display any product ordered from T4E, in a public setting, including on the Internet, in a way which disparages T4E, T4E's board members, employees, shareholders or partners, T4E reserves the right to demand immediate return of the product, to furthermore pursue all recourses and remedies available under the law.
T4E attempts to be as accurate as possible to provide a compelling user experience. T4E does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this Site is accurate, complete, current, or error-free.
T4E prides itself on its relationships with the child charity organization Child Africa. From each tree we sell, a donation is given to Child Africa in Uganda for school building. From time-to-time,
This Site may be accessed from countries other than Norway. If you access and use this Site outside Norway you are responsible for complying with your local laws and regulations.
You agree that T4E can translate, as accurately as reasonably possible, text and information that you provide into other languages for use on our foreign domains. We do not guarantee the accuracy of such translations.
Reviews, Comments and Submissions
Except as otherwise provided elsewhere in this Agreement or on the Site, anything that you submit or post to the Site and/or provide us, including without limitation, photos, videos, ideas, know-how, techniques, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, "Submissions") is and will be treated as nonconfidential and nonproprietary, and we shall have the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and transferable right to use, copy, distribute, display, publish, perform, sell, lease, transmit, adapt, create derivative works from such Submissions by any means and in any form, and to translate, modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or decompile such Submissions. All Submissions shall automatically become our sole and exclusive property and shall not be returned to you.
In addition to the rights applicable to any Submission, when you post comments or reviews to the Site, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit with any review, comment, or other Content, if any, in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the reviews, comments and other Content that you post on this Site and that use of your reviews, comments, or other Content by us will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions or Content. We may, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any Submissions (including comments or reviews) for any reason.
Our community is the most important part of T4E. All registered users are part of our community and we value everyone. T4E has established multiple ways for users to interact with one another on the Site, including but not limited to forums, our blog and other social media channels. Please remember that these are public spaces, so use common sense when sharing personal information. T4E's role is to facilitate open discussion and support our community through constructive communication. We have some general rules for community conduct, and some spaces have additional rules.
- Treat one another with respect. There is a real person behind each name.
- Harassing, insulting, embarrassing or abusing other users is unacceptable.
- The community spaces are not the appropriate channel to express disputes with others.
- Specific transactions and/or feedback should not be discussed in public community spaces. Instead, contact T4E privately if you need help with a transaction.
- Do not publicly post another person's private information without their explicit consent (for example: email, conversations, letters, phone numbers, addresses or full names).
Violating community policies may result in suspension or termination of certain privileges including account termination.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
- T4E may assign its rights and responsibilities hereunder without notice to you.
- These terms and conditions will inure to the benefit of T4E's successors, assigns and licensees.
- Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
- The failure of a party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of the right or provision.
- T4E's failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive T4E's right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- These terms and conditions may not be modified by you.
- The following Sections survive any termination of this Agreement: Intellectual Property Policy, Proprietary Rights, Pricing, Shipping and Terms of Sale, Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability, Indemnity, Release and General.
- T4E will attempt to notify you when major changes are made to this User Agreement but you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at www.trees4expenses.com/Public/Terms/UserAgreement. T4E may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms and the associated policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions.
- Nothing in this User Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- T4E does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the Site, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside T4E's control.
- You agree that T4E is a platform and as such is not responsible or liable for any Content.
- You use the Site at your own risk.
Please send any questions or comments regarding this Site to: